Liberty Hall was originally erected in 1949 as the Eagles Lodge for the Faternal Order of Eagles (F.O.E.) Aerie No. 119. The building was dedicated on the Eagles’ 48th anniversary on the weekend of February 10-12, 1949. During this time the Mayor of Pocatello was Mr. George Phillips and the State Grand Worthy President was Mr. George Broughman. Mr. C. M. Jeffery was the Worth President of F.O.E. 119. The Building Committee included A. K. Scott, Joe Gianchetti, C. M. Jeffery, Bernard Henry, Jack Henderson, F. J. Belisle, Willard W. Horner, and E. F. Bacon. The Dedication Committee included Helen Wellman, Mildred Christensen, Viola Horner, Thelma Strope, Mary Green, A. K. Scott, Phil T. Cox, W. H. Steed, and Allan Green. Many local companies congratulated the Eagles on their new home by posting an ad in the Dedication program. It is with their support and that of the community the Eagles building was born and thrived as the home of the Eagles into the 2000’s.
In November 2013, the Eagles building was purchased by Torrey Whitaker and Nicki Chopski who renovated it and reopened the building to the public once again as Liberty Hall, a place to gather in “Celebrating Life’s Pursuits and Happiness”. Contact them today for a showing or to schedule your event.